Saturday 1 September 2012

'Horrible Bosses' - My (slightly harsh) Review

As a student, wasting time and avoiding work has become second nature to me.  Levels of procrastination range from playing Angry Birds, to becoming a domestic Goddess, to making countless cups of tea, and to watching mind-numbing movies you have no interest in.  The latter time-wasting activity was my chosen form of procrastination last night when I decided to watch 'Horrible Bosses'.  However the word 'horrible' definitely sums up the entire experience of watching this film.
With a star-studded cast including Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston I was actually expecting this to be a pretty good watch... How wrong could I have been?  The story line was clumsy, the acting was over the top and if I ever hear Charlie Day's squeaky, irritating voice again I will do a Van Gogh and personally chop off both of my ears.  Watching this film was as frustrating as playing an electric buzz wire game whilst being tickled under the arms; it was almost impossible to reach the end.
Bateman, Sudeikis and Day's characters each wanted their bosses gone and so the solution was to have them killed.  Of course this was supposed to be over the top comedy and almost slap-stick humour but the delivery made me want to actually slap the three actors with sticks.  Their continuous rambling and shouting over one another was enough to drive any sane person over the edge and into a fit of hysteria (maybe thats why I'm writing this post?).    
'Horrible Bosses' has been classed as a comedy/crime film but with its severe lack of comedy it can only, in my opinion, be described as a crime.    

No comments:

Post a Comment